Saturday, March 15, 2008

Top 5 Must NOT Have items

I was tagged by Lani chan so here goes my top 5 must NOT have items...Thanks for the tag Lani!

5. Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow duos, trios, quads AND eight-pans
These shadows are the most un-pigmented shadows I have ever tried, discluding stuff I've bought from the 100 yen store. I literally have to PUSH my eyeshodow brush into the eyeshadow to pick up enough color. Even then, the colors are not very blendable and they streak and fade in two or three hours. I don't recommend these shadows to anyone, even if you're on a budget. If you can't/don't want to spend $$$ on eye shadows, try loose mineral eye shadows from Pure Luxe or Fyrinnae, one of Christiana's faves...I will be ordering from them soon!

4. DHC Q-10 Cream
It's supposed to improve the elasticity and general appearance of skin. It's infused with the coenzyme Q-10, collagen and other elasticins. I wish I was able to continue using this stuff long enough to see if it worked, but this stuff STINKS! It smells like....Gah, I can't explain it. It smells like a fusion of Chinese medicine and rotten flowers. Like they added the rotten flower smell to cover up the gag-inducing smell of the other stuff in there. I really can't explain it. My mom had this, and let me use it, but I couldn't stand the smell. The scent seemed to linger forever on my hands and pillowcase too...YUCK. If you are going to get a cream w/the same ingredients, DON'T buy this one. Test out others first. This is not worth 4735 yen!



3. Stila High Shine Lip Color
I have one in a nude beige. According to the official Stila website it's supposed to "...take lips to a whole new level with high shine lip color. The incredibly buttery soft formula feels like silk across your lips, adding intense shine to seductively sheer color." It's buttery soft all right!!! It barely stays on my lips! I've tried everything to keep it from slipping and sliding everywhere on my face...lipliner, lip base, foundation...nothing works. The color is too sheer for my liking and has ZERO staying power. Plus, it really dries out my lips. I have sensitive lips, and products that are supposed to 'nourish' the lips do quite the opposite...sniffles. If any of you guys like this line, and want mine, let me know. I've used it less than 10 times after I bought it last summer.


2. Noxzema Deep Cleansing Cream (Original)
I used to love this stuff...when I didn't know any better. The tingly feeling you get from the menthol, camphor and eucalyptus is nice, but this stuff leaves a greasy residue on your skin that can only be removed with face soap. I tried using it again a year ago, and I ended up irritating my skin because I would re-wash my face with regular facewash to get rid of the said residue. Have any of you had the same experience? I swear I could feel something on my face after I washed it with this cleanser...kinda like how you can still feel the wax on a piece of fruit even after washing it...If you want a similar product without the greasy-residue feeling, try Neutrogena's Deep Clean Cream Cleanser. It really gets rid of dirt and makeup and rinses CLEAN without leaving clogging residues. Plus it feels super-soft on your skin!

1. M.A.C 'Lustre' Eye shadows
Now I don't want to speak ill of my favorite high-end brand, but they need to do SOMETHING with their lustre eyeshadows. I have several, including 'Gleam', 'Idol Eyes' and 'Tempting'. The colors themselves are gorgeous as all M.A.C shadows are...but shadows in this lustre finish have opalescent glitter in them, and it makes the color really hard to blend!!! Their official website describes this line as "smoothly pearlized and intensely frosted..." There is nothing "smooth" about these shadows. Everytime I try to create a look with these colors, the fallout is ridiculous and annoying. I can never remove the little flecks of glitter that fall on my cheeks or nose. It's a pity, since some of the prettiest colors from this brand are made in this finish. Pooey. If you already have lots of M.A.C eye shadows and want to try more, go ahead and buy some lustre shadows...and if you find that they work for you, let me know!!!

1 comment:

Lani said...

I couldn't agree with you more on the lustre eyeshadows. they don't get much love from me. isn't that a shame? i definitely hate the fallout.