Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Throwback!

I found some old pictures of me floating around on Facebook. I think they were taken in '02 or '03. My teeth were straighter, my skin was clearer, and I didn't always need makeup to look like I got enough sleep, LOL. But hey, at least my hair looks better now! Back then I couldn't be bothered to style my hair. It was always in a messy bun that I would unravel at the end of the day, and it'd look messy and unwashed like it does in the first picture.

Now that I am on my descent to the big 3-0 (okay, I'm still 25), I have noticed that I have fine lines under my eyes, and 'shimi', or sunspots on my cheeks and nose. I feel naked and overexposed if I step out of my house without foundation on. I miss the days where I could literally fly out of my house in 15 minutes to get to work or class on time...now it takes me at LEAST 30 minutes to get ready, and even then, I wouldn't be done with my makeup!

If I could have changed anything back then I would've NOT SMOKED. It was one of my many vices. I started smoking at the ripe young age of 16, and I still do, on occasion. But back until a few years ago, I always had a pack or two of cigarettes in my purse. Now I only have one when I'm really stressed, and even then, I just retreat to my makeup corner, avoiding cigs at all costs. It's just not worth the health risks, money, bad breath, yada yada yada.

So ladies, what are/were your vices?


3 comments:

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

I still smoke. Hahaha. :) I started when I was 13. Horrible. I know. Beh. LOL. :P Another vice of mine is food... I can be ever the glutton. LOL. I emailed you btw! Did you get it? :P

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

my vice is SHOPPING! LOL. too much recently *Must cute down* damn it's addictive...

watercoloursky said...

i definitely feel my skin and hair have aged from lack of sleep since starting work :( i used to never worry about my skin at all in school, but now on weekends I absolutely must have foundation / mineral makeup to even it out at least.