Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Shibuya Adventure

I went back to my hairstylist today to have the short pieces of hair in the front re-dyed. After getting it done last week, the color didn't seem to hold very well, and there were some parts that didn't color at all. Now the front part of my hair looks BLACK, while the rest is a nice chocolate brown....my stylist said that it'll lighten up after three or four washes...I really hope it does, because I have triple-toned hair now....the things I get for being a perfectionist!

Anyway, I wore a green beater, green slip-on sneakers, and green eyeshadow today...I didn't even realize it was St. Patrick's Day, until after I got home and my bf pointed it out! Hahaha...what a crazy coincidence! I just really love green. Even my Nano cover is lime green.

I also bought a brand new 239 eye shadow brush and concealer from M.A.C. I hadn't spent money on M.A.C in a few weeks, so I thought a little wouldn't hurt, hee hee. I really needed a spare 239 brush. It sucks only having one, and constantly cleaning it. I got the Select Cover-Up concealer in NW20. It has pink undertones, which covers up my undereye bags quite nicely. It's not as forgiving as the Studio Fix Concealer, the one that comes in a little pot. I just don't have enough time in the mornings to put it on though...it takes a while to spread it evenly, and it doesn't last all day for me. I wanted something lighter and smoother...Select Cover-Up is easier to apply in my opinion...apply a few dots under eyes, dab, dab, dab, and you're done!

M.A.C 239 Eye Shadow Brush


M.A.C Select Cover-up concealer in NW20



Onto the FOTD :)

*~* Black and Green *~*


I used...

- UDPP as base.
- M.A.C e/s in Carbon (matte black)
- Milani e/s in Clover (Shimmery grass-green)
- M.A.C e/s in Shroom
- Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner in Black
- Maybelline Volum' Express Mascara in Black

How To...

1. Apply UDPP from lashline to brow.
2. Apply Carbon e/s (black) from lashline, extend sliiiightly past crease. Blend with blending brush to soften color.
3. Apply Clover e/s (green) on crease, and blend upwards. Also apply to outer V. Blend with tapered blending brush, with windshield-wiper motions. If green color disappears, reapply, and blend again.
4. Apply Shroom e/s under brow to highlight.
5. Line top lashline and apply mascara to top lashes.

This look is super-easy...takes 10 minutes, tops!


Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!!! <3

No comments: