I promise to crank out a new FOTD/EOTD or video soooon. I've got some upcoming ideas and looks saved in my makeup journal (yes, I keep an actual spiral notebook filled with makeup notes and wishlists, LOL). Soooo 'till then here are 6 very unspectacular quirks of little 'ole me. Thank you Miss J. Rose for the tag, and happy anniversary to you and your hunny!
Here are the rules: (no need to follow them if you're a lazy bum like me, LOL)
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules in your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 random bloggers by linking them at the end of your post.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged.
6. Once your post is up, notify the person who tagged you.
Six Unspectacular Quirks
6. I love alcohol but I choose not to drink...too much. I wasted too much time and money for years on partying and boozing. I am so glad it's been out of my system for a while, because I see some of my friends of the same age actin' like they still fresh...C'mon, we GROWN women now, let's at least PRETEND like we have class? I'm not hating...just saying, if you're going to drink, drink responsibly. It doesn't matter who you are, slumped and passed out in the corner of the club 'aint sexy!
5. For every single birthday/holiday for the past two and a half years, my bf has gotten me some techie gadget, whether it be a Nano, Nintendo DS or a digital camera. You would think that by now, I'd be very tech-savvy and know how to use all my nerdy toys...but NOOOO. I HATE reading instruction manuals. Somewhere in my twisted mind, I'll think "Well, I'll just have him (the bf) help me use/fix this". I didn't touch my cute, hot pink, top-of-the-line Olympus digicam while he was deployed, because I was afraid I'd break it...The only techie-esque thing I have remote knowledge in is WAN to WAN networking...only because it's my job (and because there are no instruction manuals, LOL).
4. I can cook, clean and sew like Holly the Homemaker, but I am disorganized as a mofo! I will bleach my kitchen counter, bathroom sink and floor, but leave neatly folded piles of sweaters and old T-shirts on top of dressers and storage boxes because I don't know what to do with them...I don't know where I should put what...I think bf is the same way...but he tends to blame me, saying "YOU started it", and adds another shirt to the pile. Hahaha!
3. I am afraid of mirrors...in the dark. I cannot and will not look at or check my reflection in mirrors when it's dark. Not even in my own house. I think I developed this cracked-out phobia after I watched Candyman at a sleepover in sixth grade...remember the scenes where the characters say "Candyman" three times in front of the mirror, and this gross man who barfs bees comes out of the mirror and kills everyone? Do not let your kids watch this movie...EVER.
2. I don't understand a lot of English idioms and colloquial phrases. For example, it took me a long time to understand what 'It 'aint trickin' if you got it' meant. It took a few pretend-scenarios acted out by bf for it to click in my head.
The websites below help a lot if bf isn't around to explain things to me (I know it's corny I use these as references, but remember folks, English is not quite my native tongue...but then again, niether is Japanese) :
1. Althouth I've always been skinny and short, I used to be an avid competitive swimmer. I also played tennis and was on my High School field hockey team. But nowadays, if I run for ten minutes, I feel like my ribs will break and my heart will stop. I NEED to get on an exercise regimen... o__O
I tag Lady L, Lurve, Nic Nic and Chiara!!!