6. I have two younger sisters (Rei is 19 and Hana is 16). I am the shortest of all three.
Hahahaha! This picture was taken at Rei's HS graduation. I had to wear that ugly button-down shirt to hide my tats...I went straight from my BF's house, and I didn't have anything nicer to wear, LOL.
Hana, Rei, Aya
5. My hair is naturally wavy. But not a nice wavy. No smooth ringlets, ripples, but course, uneven S-shaped waves starting at the crown...ugh. I've been getting the Japanese thermal straightening process done for the last year and a half. Here's what my natural hair looked like on a GOOD day.
Good Hair Day at Rei and Hana's Homecoming Game '05
4. I LOVE tattoos. I love pin-up, evangelical stuff, and anything with detailed WINGS. I have four right now, but getting another one soon. I got the swallow and fairy done by Jacek at Avalon Tattoo in Pacific Beach, San Diego. His work is quick, precise, and just AMAZING.
3. I was a real Daddy's girl. Always admired him and his work. When I was little, I made him draw portraits of me whenever he picked up his sketchbook. We spent hours together making silly things like shoulder bags from old jeans...he introduced me to the beauty of Henri Matisse paintings. Too bad I didn't inherit any of his artistic genes. At least my sisters inherited his brains! RIP Papa, itsumo mimamottete ne.
2. Because I spoke mostly English at home, I couldn't speak Japanese fluently until AFTER I graduated high school. I consider 'fluent' as being able to hold a business-level conversation. I learned keigo, honorific terms and phrases, or 'polite' Japanese, at my first retail job when I was 18. My older co-workers made me stand beside the cash register and practice basic Japanese business manners like bowing, returning change, and repeat greetings in that high-pitched voice Japanese women use. Oh, the horror. Now I am grateful because I can speak to Japanese clients at work without feeling flustered.
1. I like Texas Pete hot sauce on everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. Pizza, Mac 'n Cheese, rice, sandwiches, pasta, etc. It must be Texas Pete though. I don't do Tabasco.
So anyone who hasn't been tagged, please do share your 6 facts!