Thursday, October 2, 2008

My HG products

All my favorite holy grail products...enjoy! None of these images are mine, I found them all on the web.

Urban Decay Primer Potion (aka UDPP)
Everyone's favorite! The tube itself sucks but the product is amazing. How amazing? It was the only base I used and my eyeshadow lasted without creasing for 16 hours on a humid day. It dries quickly to a sheer matte finish. Unlike other bases I've tried, it never gets cakey or flakey on me.

L'Oreal True Match Liquid Foundation
I use this foundation on my cheeks, under the eyes and on problem spots (discolorations, redness). I've used a lot of high-end liquid foundations from Laura Mercier to Clinique but L'Oreal's True Match is the best so far! For only $10.00, it gives my skin a smoother apperance, and gives really good and believable coverage. My co-worker told me she had no idea I had blotchy skin under my makeup...Thank you True Match!

Maybelline Cover Stick
This is probably the best concealer I've tried that's under $5.00. It actually does it's job! Other inexpensive concealers are either too sheer or too dry or too watered down (if it's a liquid type).
Maybelline's Cover Stick is easy to apply (I just apply it from the tube) and because it's lightweight and creamy, it's really easy to blend. It makes me look awake even after a sleepless night!

M.A.C Studio Perfect SPF 15 Foundation
I used to, and still love Studio Fix powder foundation, but on my way home from a club one morning, I discovered Studio Perfect SPF 15 Foundation. It's good for tired, dry skin (like mine), and the added SPF 15 is a plus. It's not as heavy as Studio Fix, but it also offers medium to high coverage. I use a small kabuki brush to apply this stuff on after liquid foundation and concealer.

M.A.C Technakhol in Graphblack
I'm lazy. I try to cut as many corners possible, especially when it comes to my morning routine. So sharpening eyeliners or brow pencils is below me. M.A.C's Graphblack eye liner is very pigmented, easy to blend or smudge, but at the same time, it stays put. There are a lot of dupes out there (Jordana's retractable eyeliners are pretty good) but Graphblack will always be my No. 1!

Stila Eyeshadow in Wheat (lighter color in photo)
The shimmery beige color is perfect as an all-over color and a highlight. It's not too white or too tan. I haven't found anything like it, not even M.A.C makes a color like this!

Milani Quad Shadow in Touch of Brown
Seldom do I use all the colors in an inexpensive palette, but Touch of Brown contains the perfect shades; a shimmery white-gold, tan with slight shimmer, light bronze, and a shimmery dark brown. I bring this with me to work if I don't have time to do my makeup at home. It's small enough to fit in a clutch too, great for touchups at an event! If you're a fan of neutral or brown eyeshadows, please go out and buy this. It's a little powdery as all inexpensive shadows are, but it doesn't bother me one bit.

Cover Girl Eye Enhancers Trio in Shimmering Sands
Another great inexpensive palette! All three colors, a shimmery pale pink, silvery beige and warm bronze suit my coloring perfectly. Although I'm a sucker for high-end brands, I will always love this palette no matter how old I am.

Max Factor Lash Perfection Mascara in Rich Black
This mascara does it all - it lifts and curls, lengthens AND thickens without clumping...so serious! A friend sent this to me, saying it was her HG mascara. She wasn't kidding when she said it was awesome! The tapered brush is a must for getting those itty-bitty lashes in the corners. I scoured Yahoo! Auctions and got two brand-new ones since I ran out! So all of you who live in the U.S. or Canada and haven't tried this mascara out yet...you don't know what you're missing!

Sweets Sweets Natural Fit Eyebrow in Dark Brown
I've raved about this product in my videos. Sweets Sweets is a Japanese drugstore brand. This brow pencil is my favorite because
a) You can see how much product is left
b) It's not too dry and not too waxy...making it very easy to apply.
c) The color matches my hair
d) The spoolie has it's own screw-cap!

Sweets Sweets Moisture Gloss in MG8

I love this opalescent pink color. It's great alone, and also over nude lipsticks. Although it's only 500 yen, it's worth so much more!

NARS Blush in Serato
My new found love...the true beige color is powdery-soft and super-blendable. I wear this on the high part of my cheekbones to give me a sophisticated, sharp look. It's never too orange or gold.

DHC Make Off Sheet
It's gentle and very moist! It's cheaper than a lot of drugstore brands like Biore, but these DHC wipes are simply the best. Because they're so moist, a single sheet removes eyeshadow and lipstick with one swipe. Waterproof mascara is a little tricky, but I've been able to rub most off with a little extra effort. The best part is, it doesn't leave a greasy residue on your skin.

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love your favorites -- time for me to hit my local drugstores and malls and stock up on some goodies... I've always wanted to try that Urban Decay Primer Potion -- how do u like it???

Ahleessa said...

You're so lucky you can get all these Japanese products. I always thought if I wasn't Korean, I would love to be Japanese.

It's interesting because after giving birth, Koreans feed the pregnant woman non-stop seaweed soup. They said it's healthy, good for the baby while breast feeding, and will help you heal from the delivery. I think it's very true seaweed is good for you! :)

Vi Anne said...

I'm such a cheapskate but UDPP is one item I won't be guilty of splurging. :) How does True Match hold up on a hot weathers? I have a True Match Powder and it's indeed a true match for my skin tone but I hate that it doesn't stay put.

Aya said...

Kimberly: Thanks doll! As for eyeshadow bases I've tried M.A.C Paint Pots, NYX Jumbo Styx, Ulta Eyeshadow Base and several other Japanese bases but UDPP helps my eyeshadow last all day...and I wear a LOT of eyeshadow! I've read that people use UDPP under L'Oreal HIP Cream Shadow or MAC Paint Pots (I used to do this) but I like to cut as many corners possible, so in the end, UDPP is all I need. Hope this helps :)

Alyssa: Well...our people sure do look alike! I want to go to Korea so bad, I might just do that one weekend! And if you ever want something from here, let me know :)

Vi Anne: Hey mama! I wore True Match aaallll summer and it worked out pretty good for me! But I only wore in on my cheeks, under my nose and on my chin, not all over. Do you wear powder foundation/setting powder on top? That helps to keep the foundation in place :)

Vi Anne said...

I guess that's my fault, I didn't put setting powder. hehehe. :)

Neeyuh said...

Great products! I still haven't tried anything from Milani, I should though. Those wipes sound awesome as well!