Saturday, October 11, 2008

Gold and Eggplant FOTD

Hi guys! Hope everyone's having a great weekend! I'm just chillen' at home as usual, nothing too hype or interesting. I have a lot of housework to tackle and FOTD's to post! I know I've been neglecting my blog for the last couple of months...let's just say the stress and exhaustion I accumulate at work follows me home...It's been so tough trying to be a reliable, fair, multi-tasking supervisor. And you know the suck-ass part of it? I haven't gotten a raise yet! It's not because I suck at my job but because my outsourcing company has the most f**ked up policies. They review your contract once a year in October (or November?) and then give you a raise. So I started supervisor duties at my network operations center (NOC) back in July and have basically been paid regular 1st level tech pay until now. If they don't add on the extra amount that supervisors are supposed to receive, my company is going to have HELL to pay!!!

Anyway, I'm slowly but surely getting used to my duties. My section receives roughly 300 to 500 e-mails per day from clients and other telecommunication/satellite carriers. I have to make sure I read the important ones...this task alone takes hours. I enjoy having a little more freedom, and calling my own shots though. It's also worthwhile when I see my colleagues and newbies troubleshoot like their life depends on it. At the end of the day, I know that I cannot do my job well, or at all, unless my colleagues support me 120%.

Okay, on to what you're all here for...a FOTD! I am loving purple this season, especially deep, smokey eggplant or maroon shades.

I used M.A.C:
- 'Patina' (bottom left) on entire lid.
- 'Tempting' (bottom, middle) and 'Woodwinked' (bottom, right) on inner half of lid

Theeeeen I used NYX 'Eggplant' on the outer third:
Finished look:
Here's what my hair looked like in early September after the FIRST cut:

4 comments:

fuzkittie said...

Wow your hair looks sooo nice! Makes me want to get mine shorter but I don't trust American salons, hahaha.

Hey using those rollers like that is a good idea! I have a flat head in the back... poo.

Aya said...

Fuzzkittie: Thank you very much! Although I live in a boring suburban town, I found the greatest salon that's 10 minutes away from my house..
I have to say, Japanese people are great at cutting hair. The last time I got a haircut in the U.S., the lady used a RULER to measure 5 inches that I asked her to cut. That was sad...

Anyway, you should keep your hair long, it's black and pretty :)

Vi Anne said...

If you don't get a raise, I'm gonna picket outside the building! hehe. Seriously though, I hope they see your hard work. :)

That's a very nice fall look.
I wish I could rock a hairstyle like that. My hair texture won't allow me sadly. :(

watercoloursky said...

i love your haircut, it looks so fresh and light! I should try that trick with rollers too. My hair at the back looks sparse because its so flat :S
I love the makeup and your brows here too!