Wednesday, February 13, 2008

First Photo Tutorial

I FINALLY had free time today, and wanted to get my blog on! My boyfriend just got a MacBook, so I've been trying to learn how to use it...I'm having a hard time typing correctly.

Last week I bought some new stuff from MAC, including a
Mineralize Skinfinish in Light Flush, from the N Collection. It's a soft pastel pink with bronze swirls. It just came out here in Japan on Feb. 7th. I used it in the tutorial today. I also bought a new Amplified Creme lipstick in Blankety, a soft pink-beige. I love the Amplified Creme finish because it's not too sheer, but not all cakey and matte. Oh, I also bought an eyeshadow from the N Collection, Modest Tone, a neutral light tan in a satin finish. I wanted Bisque, but apparently they don't sell that here, so I got Modest Tone instead. I found out recently that they don't sell a LOT of colors here...I wonder why?

I used light gold and plum-brown for today's tutorial.
I wear this look a LOT, especially for work, since it's smokey enough, but not overpowering...I love the dark eye and nude lips, but I don't think I can pull off blacks/grays at work...The photos are kinda crappy, it was my first time taking pictures while applying makeup. Hopefully I'll get better at this...anyway, Enjoy!

FACE:
M.A.C StudioFix powder foundation in NC30

EYES:
-Cream color base in Fawntastic



-White Pearl eyeshadow from NYX Palette
-M.A.C eyeshadow in All That Glitters (light champagne pink with gold pearl)


-M.A.C eyeshadow in Sable (
muted plum brown with bronze shimmer)

-M.A.C eyeshadow in Twinks (dirty plum with gold flecks)
-Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner and Liquid Liner in Black and Blackest Black


Cheeks:
-M.A.C. Sheertone Blush in Blushbaby (beige-pink)

-M.A.C. Mineralize Skinfinish in Light Flush

Lips:
-NYX lipliner in Beige (not shown)
-M.A.C Amplified Creme Lipstick in Blankety
Step One:
Apply foundation. I usually use an oil-free moisturizer and primer beforehand.

Step Two:
Apply Fawntastic Cream Color Base to entire eyelid. This will help your eyeshadow adhere, last, and color will appear more pigmented.
Step Three:
Apply white pearl eyeshadow from lashline to brow with a fat flat e/s brush.

Step Four:
Apply M.A.C All That Glitters e/s from lash line to just above your crease (if you have bigger eyes, you may want to apply color to middle of eyelid). I used M.A.C's 224 blending brush.
Step Five:
Apply M.A.C Sable e/s from lashine to crease. Extend slightly past upper corners.

Step Six:
Apply M.A.C. Twinks e/s from MIDDLE of eyelid, to outer corner.

Outline outer-V as shown.Then contour eyelid with edge of brush with a single inward sweep (top of eyeball, right underneath eyesocket bone, does that even make sense?)It should look like this so far...Step Seven:
BLEND harsh lines with a blending brush.


Step Eight:
Apply All That Glitters e/s again from inner corner of eyelid to middle of lid to intensify lighter color.

Step Nine:
Apply white e/s again to highlight, and to blend harsh lines. Remember, always blend from LIGHT to DARK.
Step Ten:
Line eyes with choice eyeliner. Lately I like using Revlon's Colorstay pencil eyeliner, then tracing over the line with Revlon's liquid eyeliner. This really seals the line! When I actually have time though, I like to use M.A.C's Gel Eyeliner. Nothing beats that stuff. I also applied one coat of M.A.C Plush Lash Mascara in Plush Black.

Step Eleven:
Apply M.A.C Blush in Blushbaby onto cheekbones. I like to make a 'sideways fish-face' to find my cheekbones, like so. Wierd face, I know...

Then apply M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish in Light Flush to apples of cheeks. Blend with face brush. I love my M.A.C 187 brush!!!
Step Twelve:
Apply lipliner and lipstick....

Voila!

No comments: