Thursday, February 28, 2008

Blue and Green Eyes

Ohisashiburi! I Went to the M.A.C Pro store after I got off work this morning, and bought three new eyeshadow refills:
Shimmer Moss (green w/turquoise shimmer), Freshwater (bright shimmery sky blue) and Black Tied (black with silver glitter). I wanted to upgrade my collection, and I was missing bright blues and greens. I also wandered around Harajuku and went to the ANAP outlet. I walked out with another hooded jacket (I LOVE jackets!) and a mini-dress. I need to stop shopping after night shifts!

So here's the look I created with my purchases:

From L to R: Shimmer Moss, Freshwater, Black Tied

Face:
- M.A.C StudioFix Powder in NC30

Eyes:
- M.A.C Paint Pot in Painterly
- M.A.C e/s in Shimmer Moss
- M.A.C e/s in Freshwater
- M.A.C e/s in Black Tied
- M.A.C pigment in Vanilla
-
Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner in Black
- Maybelline Volum' Express Mascara in Black

Cheeks:
- Jordana Blush in Stardust

Lips:
- Too Faced Juicy Jewels Lip Gloss duo in Vanilla Ice

Step One:

Apply Paint Pot in Painterly all over lid.

Step Two:
Apply Shimmer Moss from lash line and extend above crease.

Step Three:
Apply Freshwater to outer corner, and outer V. Define outer V as well, in same color.

Step Four:
Apply Black Tied to outer V, blending towards the middle of lid. Lightly contour shape of eye.

It should look like this so far...
Step Five:
Apply Vanilla pigment with a wide brush to highlight. Blend into contour.

Step Six:
Blend with a tapered blending brush between each color, so they all blend from one color to another seamlessly. Also soften harsh lines.
It should look like this now...Feel free to pack on more color and blend some more!

Step Seven:
Line with liquid eyeliner. Curl eyelashes and apply two coats of volumizing mascara. Your lashes need to be as strong as the eyeshadow color so that everything looks balanced.

Step Eight:
Apply blush and lip gloss. I used Jordana Blush in Stardust, a shimmery peach-orange, and matching lip gloss from Too Faced.
Voila!


My new jacket...A great steal for 3900 yen...gotta love end-of-the-season deals!
The Too Faced lip gloss duo I used:
Brushes used for this look:

I ordered a ton of stuff from www.bestbeautyonline.com
This is only a third of the haul...I ordered a lot of Milani and Jordana eyeshadows, lipstick and lip glosses.

Hope everyone has a grrreat weekend!

5 comments:

yummy411 said...

great blog! thanks again for stopping past mine. psst. i have a secret. i love picture tutorials! sometimes videos (even the 10min youtube vids) can be too long. i guess since i know how to apply makeup pics are so much more convenient. i get to see what order and colors you are using quicker than i guess 'how' you apply. the vids are helpful sometimes, but when you have sooo many blogs to visit, a pic tut is refreshing ;) great looks and putting us on to some foreign products that are kept a secret over here in the US =p

yummy411 said...

oh you're added to my google reader so that i can keep up with you ;)

Aya said...

yummy411: Thank you (^.^)/ I like photo tutorials better too...I can get away with reading them at work, including yours, lol ;)

Anonymous said...

i like this makeup yo---(^o^)b

Aya said...

makoさん、ありがとう。見てくれたのね~!